If you are interested in using the meeting room, please read the policy below and complete the application form (pdf).
The meeting room in the Spring Green Community Library is primarily for the use of the Library’s own programs. When it is not needed for activities related to the Library, it will be available for use by local community groups, subject to the policies established by the Library Board.
The meeting room may be used for programs sponsored by governmental units, non-profit educational and cultural agencies, community service agencies and other responsible organizations. Granting permission for the use of the Spring Green Community Library does not imply endorsement by the Spring Green Community Library or its Board of the users or the users' beliefs. The Spring Green Community Library Board will hold the final word as far as who will or will not use the meeting room at the Library.
Meetings shall be open to all members of the public, and admission fees shall not be charged. Possible exceptions to this rule may be made for a program or educational course that requires a registration fee or tuition; particularly if the Library itself is sponsor or co-sponsor of such an event. All room scheduling that involves admission charge or tuition shall be subject to Board approval.
- Whenever an outside group requests any special arrangements, such as the services of a staff member to operate Library equipment, the Director is authorized to add whatever charges are needed to cover their costs. Library equipment may be used only with pre-approved permission from the library representative and stated beforehand on this application.
- Outside groups who are using the Library Meeting Room may serve very light refreshments when their plan to do so has been approved by the Library. The staff kitchen will be available for preparing coffee, tea, or other non-alcoholic beverages, and the kitchen counters may be used for serving of light refreshments that have been prepared elsewhere. Each group will provide its own kitchen and serving utensils and will, of course, leave the kitchen and room clean after using it. Any use of library products (paper plates, napkins, garbage bags) will be replaced or reimbursement charges will incur.
- Though every effort will be made to safeguard materials, the Spring Green Community Library System is not responsible for loss or damage to items while on display at the Library or personal property of those attending meetings.
- No smoking will be allowed at any area in or near the Library.
- A group composed of minors (less than eighteen years of age) must have an adult chaperone attend the meeting. This person must also sign the meeting room application form.
- Bookings for the meeting room for any single group may be limited to only one time per month. Additional books may be allowed under the condition that (if needed) the group may be bumped to allow another group to use the room. One week’s notice will be given to the original group in this case. This will allow more access to a larger number of groups/individuals that want to use the room. The Library’s programs or periodic cleanings will always take precedent over any bookings.
- Groups must contact the library at least 24 hours in advance if they need to cancel their reservation. Exceptions will be made for inclement weather.
- Groups must ensure all lights are turned off before leaving the building. The room must also be locked and the key returned to staff before leaving the building. Failure to follow any of these procedures may result in denial of future use of the meeting room and the group will charged using the following guidelines:
Lights left on (room or foyer light): $10.00
Doors left unlocked: $50.00
Lost community room key: $100.00
- Any damage which happens, and is felt by the Library Board to be other than accidental, will be the responsibility of the organization using the room to rectify.
Misrepresentation of any of the above data or failure to abide by the rules established will be cause for denial of further use of the meeting rooms of the Spring Green Community Library. Applicants must be 18 years old or older.
Failure to observe these regulations will result in the loss of meeting room privileges.
Last Revised: 3-8-16, 11-8-11, 10-13-09 by the Library Board