Spring Green Community Library Test Proctoring Policy
Spring Green Community Library offers free proctoring services to students enrolled in distance and online programs for educational and professional development. Proctoring is coordinated and administered by the Library Director or his/her designee.
Library’s Limitations on Test Proctoring:
- The Library does not guarantee a designated “quiet” zone will be available.
- The Library will not download software for testing on Library computers.
- The Library is not responsible for tests delayed due to weather, power failures, equipment failures, etc., nor for tests after they have been placed in the mail.
- The Library reserves the right to decline to proctor an exam due to limited resources, excessive use, and/or repeated failures to show up for appointments.
Responsibilities of the Test Taker:
- Make an appointment with the Library Director at least 48 hours in advance of the exam. Test Takers are encouraged to make an appointment as soon as they know they will need a proctor. Any special accommodations must be requested at this time, including reserving a Library computer.
- Check-in with the Library Director prior to the test to ensure the Library received the exam materials.
- Arrive promptly for appointments with photo identification and any items needed to take the test. These items must comply with the testing institution’s guidelines.
- Complete test no later than 10 minutes prior to the Library closing.
- Provide any photocopying or mailing fees.
- Notify the Library staff if unable to keep a test appointment.
Responsibilities of the Proctor:
- Work with the Test Taker to find a mutually agreeable exam appointment and reschedule as needed.
- Communicate with the institution as needed regarding the proctoring agreement.
- Enforce time limits on the exam and comply with the guidelines set forth by the testing institution.
- Provide a clock and notify the Test Taker 10 minutes before the end of the allotted time.
- Do not allow previewing the tests.
- Return completed exams in a timely manner as requested by the institution.
- Discard or return exams not completed in the designated timeframe.
- Notify the Test Taker if the Library will have an emergency closure.
Adopted by the Library Board August 11, 2015; amended October 9, 2018