Spring Green Community Library offers free proctoring services to students enrolled in distance and online programs for educational and professional development. Proctoring is coordinated and administered by the Library Director. The Library Director will determine if resources are available at the time of the request, and may decline to proctor an exam. Exams will not be proctored if the situation does not fit the guidelines outlined below:
- All test takers must make an appointment with the library director at least 48 hours in advance of their exam. Test takers are encouraged to make an appointment as soon as they know they will need a proctor. Any special accommodations must be requested at this time, including reserving a library computer if the test taker does not have a personal laptop.
- Please be advised that the library does not have a designated “quiet” zone.
- Test takers MUST show photo identification upon arrival to take a test. Test takers are responsible for bringing in their own writing utensils, calculators, and any other devices needed.
- The test taker must sit in sight of the main circulation desk or in the staff sorting room if the room is available.
- The Library Director does not provide continuous monitoring of test takers.
- Test takers may not preview the tests at any time.
- Test takers are responsible for ensuring their institution sent the exam materials to the library. The Library Director will not contact the institution on behalf of the student. Any exam mailed or emailed to the library will be returned to the institution if the student does not make arrangements to take the test within 30 days.
- Exams can be accepted via US mail and email. Tests hand carried by students will not be proctored.
- Test takers are responsible for any photocopying or mailing costs. Students must provide an addressed stamped envelope, if one is not provided by the school, upon finishing the test.
- Test takers are limited to three hours per sitting. Tests must be completed no later than 30 minutes prior to the library closing.
- Test takers must notify the Library Director if they are unable to make their appointment. If a test taker has a pattern of cancelling and rescheduling tests, they may be asked to find other accommodations.
- If a test taker is more than 15 minutes late for their scheduled exam appointment, the appointment will be cancelled and must be rescheduled.
- The Library Director cannot proctor an entire course of study or a single test requiring multiple sittings in one time period.
- In the event of inclement weather, the Library Director will contact the test taker if the library will close early.
Adopted by the Spring Green Library Board August 11, 2015