If you are interested in using the meeting room, please read the policy below and complete the application form (pdf).
The primary purpose of this room is to provide a space for genealogy research and to house the library’s collection of local materials. The room may also be used by individuals or small groups (up to 3 individuals) to study or meet for educational, cultural, or community-related purposes.
- Patrons must present a photo ID (which will be held at the circulation desk) to use the archives room and sign a waiver acknowledging they understand and will agree to abide by the rules for the use of the room.
- The archives room may be reserved up to seven days in advance per the discretion of the library director. When not reserved, it is available for use by the public primarily on a first-come, first-serve basis. The room can be used for up to 60 minutes in one consecutive session, but may be extended at the discretion of the staff if no one is waiting to use the room.
- The archives room is available to library patrons 16 years and older.
- The archives room must be vacated 10 minutes prior to closing time.
- Items in and around the archives cabinets may only be used or moved with approved permission from the library director or staff.
- Any damage which happens, and is felt by the Library Board to be other than accidental, will be the responsibility of the person signing this form to rectify.
Failure to comply with the rules established will result in denial of future use of the archives room.