NOW HIRING: LTE Youth Services Assistant, Part-time
This limited term employment (LTE) part-time Youth Services Assistant at the Spring Green Community Library is a service-oriented position designed to assist the Youth Services Librarian with the Summer Library Program.
• 6 to 12 hours per week
• May 22 – August 15
• Exact dates and hours are flexible and may vary
‣ Key Functions and Responsibilities:
1.) Assist the Youth Services Librarian with story time, programs, and events
2.) Assist volunteers, attendees, and presenters as needed
3.) Prepare craft activities, promotional materials, and displays
4.) Assist with program preparations, clean up, and recordkeeping
5.) Other duties as assigned
• Aged 16 and up, astute computer skills, and positive attitude toward children. Prefer experience working with children in an educational setting. This position requires standing for long periods, bending, climbing, stooping, and lifting materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
‣ To Apply:
• Submit a Village of Spring Green Employment Application and cover letter to Carrie Portz (email@example.com, or turn one in at the library, at 230 E Monroe Street, Spring Green, WI 53588). Applications are available in the library or at www.vi.springgreen.wi.gov. Click here for a direct link to the application.
• Applications must be turned in by: May 12, 2017
‣ Borrow e-books and digital audiobooks from the library!
Your library card gives you access to thousands of titles in Wisconsin's Digital Library. Using software from OverDrive, you can borrow up to 10 digital titles at one time including e-books, digital audiobooks, and streaming videos.
To start borrowing digital content from the library, contact Spring Green Community Library staff or visit OverDrive's website.
You are able to access your favorite digital magazines using Flipster from EBSCO Information Services. Flipster is a next-generation digital magazine service that allows people to browse the latest issues of high quality digital versions of popular magazines, courtesy of the library.
Our exhibit in April features Mixed Media from River Valley High School. The exhibit can be viewed during regular library hours when the community room is not in use for other purposes. A key is available at the circulation desk.