- How can I find out what I have checked out or on hold?
- How can I protect my card from being used by other people?
You can find information about what's on your card several ways.
- Use the public access computer workstations (LINKcat) at any library.
- Phone your local library for answers to specific questions or assistance.
- Call LINK TeleCirc: 608-261-9851, 24 hours a day, with your touch tone phone. With TeleCirc you can:
- get the due dates of all items you currently have checked out, including overdue items.
- renew items from a title list or by entering the item barcode number
- get a list of items currently on hold for you, including title, pickup location and the last date it will be held. You may also cancel these holds.
TeleCirc starts when you call 608-261-9851. You will hear a voice asking your library card barcode number and your PIN. Enter these numbers by pressing the keys on your phone. You will hear a list of choices available. Enter the number of your choice and follow the spoken instructions.
With all the above access methods, you will need your library card number (barcode) and PIN in order to access your record.
You need to assign a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to help ensure the confidentiality of your library record. The PIN must be entered after your barcode when placing a hold or to look at your library record. As of January 18, 2006 everyone has been assigned a PIN. If you don't know your PIN, please contact your local library. The following procedures may be done at any public access workstation or in LINKcat via the Internet to change your PIN:
- Access your patron record by selecting: My Account from the search menu, and enter your library barcode number at the prompt and enter your current PIN.
- From the list of Patron Record options, select PROFILE.
- Scroll toward the bottom of the page until 4 Digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) then enter your current PIN in the Old PIN box.
- You may not use letters or symbols. Choose four numbers that you will easily remember but, is hard for others to guess.
- Then type in the new PIN in the next two boxes.
- Click on "update" and you should be set with your new PIN. If you have any problems, feel free to call the library.
Library users can access LINKcat, the online catalog, from their home or office seven days a week, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 1 a.m.